Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Faux Cookies Recipe

In another blog post a few weeks ago, I had a recipe titled, "Faux Cookie Dough." The support group class I lead had challenged me to try baking the cookie dough. I invested in this challenge today and had an awesome result. By this awesome result I mean I baked 65 cookies and ate 5 so far today :)

I didn't use my original recipe, but a modified one from My Whole Food Life, which has a ton of awesome recipes. I have the recipe below with the nutrition facts. You would probably get the same, or a similar result if you baked the "Faux Cookie Dough."

Faux Cookies
Ingredients
2.5 cups chickpeas, rinsed and drained
4tsp vanilla
1.5 cups peanut butter
2T honey
2tsp baking powder
1/2c chocolate chips

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Food process all ingredients except chocolate chips.
3. Fold in chocolate chips.
4. Roll into balls and place on a greased baking sheet.
5. Bake 10 minutes.

Nutrition Facts per 1 cookie (yield=5.5 dozen)
Calories: 50
Fat: 3g
Sodium: 65mg
Carbohydrate: 5g
Sugar: 2g
Protein: 1.5g

Just for comparison purposes, I have the nutrition facts for a regular chocolate chip cookie.

Nutrition Facts per 1 cookie
Calories: 50
Fat: 3g
Sodium: 36mg
Carbohydrate: 8g
Sugar: 4g
Protein: 1g

No comments:

Post a Comment