Friday, October 24, 2014

Gluten-Free Pizza Recipe

All this week, I have been experimenting with different types of pizza crusts (whole wheat, flax and chia seeds, cauliflower, eggplant, etc). Mostly good results; however, my favorite one was made with Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Pizza Crust Whole Grain Mix. It was fairly cheap, $3.29 per 16oz bag, and tasted great! I was going to mix this with cauliflower; however, genius me left it in a brown bag in my kitchen and it went bad :/ I ended up using the recipe on the back of the bag for the crust and it is by far my favorite! I halved the recipe and make gluten-free cinnamon rolls along with it. Another win in the bag. Hope you enjoy as much as I did!

Gluten-Free Pizza 
Yield: two 12-inch pies or one 16-inch pie
Ingredients
1 pkg gluten free pizza crust
1 1/4c warm water
2 eggs
2T olive oil
1 yeast packet (comes in the bag)
Toppings: sauce, meat, cheese, etc

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, combine water and yeast. Let stand for 5 minutes.
3. Add eggs and oil to mixture and blend.
4. Add GF pizza crust mix and blend for 1 minute.
5. Split the dough in half and leave in the bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise for 20 minutes.
6. Place dough on greased pizza pan. Using wet hands (really important), spread out dough to cover the full pan.
7. Bake for 7-9 minutes.
8. Top with desired toppings and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
**I used just a basil pasta sauce, rotisserie chicken from the supermarket, fresh spinach, and shredded cheddar/mozzarella cheese. Quick and tasty!

My finished product!

No comments:

Post a Comment