This is a: MUST TRY RECIPE! Was the all caps a bit much? But really, this recipe is tasty and healthy (always the best combination). It is also great because you can make the toppings whatever you want. No lie, when I made this a few days ago, I ate almost half of it right out of the oven. Well enough of my chatter, make it below and see for yourself :)
Zucchini Crust Pizza
2c grated zucchini (packed) and squeezed dry
-->It is easiest to put the grated zucchini in a dish towel and ring out the liquid.
2 eggs, beaten
1/4c coconut flour
1/2c Parmesan cheese
1/2c grated sharp cheddar or mozzarella cheese
1T olive oil
1tsp each: basil, oregano, parsley
Topping Ingredients (Just what I used. Can be anything you like!):
1 chicken breast
2 large tomatoes, diced
1 small zucchini, diced
1T olive oil
Shredded cheddar cheese
**I cooked my chicken in olive oil first. Then, I added the tomatoes, zucchini, and garlic and simmered for a few minutes. I shredded a little cheese on half of the pizza once I put the chicken mixture on.
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease pizza pan.
2. Mix: zucchini, eggs, flour, cheeses, oil, basil, oregano, and parsley.
3. Pat zucchini mix onto pizza pan.
4. Bake crust for 30 minutes.
5. Remove crust from oven, flip over, and return to oven for 10 minutes.
6. Remove crust from oven and top with desired ingredients.
7. Return pizza to oven and heat until topping ingredients are heated through.
Nutrition Facts (per 1/6)
1 Slice Domino's 14" Pepperoni Pizza (For comparison)