Sunday, March 23, 2014

Avocado Pudding Recipe

A friend of mine suggested I try out her Avocado Pudding recipe she found in a magazine (not a clue which one). I'm always one to try new things, especially if they are healthy. You get a boost of unsaturated (healthy) fats and some protein! The recipe was really simple and quite good. It took me less than 10 minutes to make, so great to make in a pinch!

Just some forewarnings:
1. It is not sweet! If you are more of a sweet tooth, add some type of sweetener.
2. The recipe I used called for dates (10-12), which I did not have, so I used some honey instead.
3. It tastes much better after it sits in the fridge and gains the "pudding-like consistency."
4. I topped mine with some Reddi Whip, which gave it a little more sweetness and more of a dessert feel.

Avocado Pudding Recipe
Ingredients
1 Avocado (ripe)
1T Honey
1/2c Almond milk
4T Unsweetened cocoa
1/2 tsp. Vanilla

Directions
1. Mix all ingredients together in a bowl or blender. Chill for 1 hour and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment