Saturday, November 30, 2013

Black Bean Brownies Recipe

Today, I tried my first kick at black bean brownies. To be honest, before I made them, I was pretty skeptical of how good they would taste. I mean a sweet treat with black beans? Sounds a little weird. Well, was I pleasantly surprised by the end product. A little bit different texture than a real brownie, but just as good!

I definitely suggest giving the recipe a try; however, I wouldn't tell anyone they were made with black beans until after they tried one :)

Black Bean Brownie Recipe
Ingredients
1 (15.5oz) can black beans, rinse and drain
3 eggs
3 tbsp oil or 1/3c melted butter (my first try I used the oil and had a good result)
1/4c unsweetened cocoa
dash of salt
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2c sugar (some recipes say 3/4c, but I think 1/2c was sweet enough)
2 tbsp chocolate chips (optional, you can use more/less)
**You can also try adding nuts

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8x8 inch square baking dish.
2. Mix all ingredients together, except for the chocolate chips. Pour into prepared dish.
**I pureed the black beans first. I didn't want the brownies to be chunky and I wanted the flavor to mix well.
3. Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
4. Bake for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
5. Enjoy!


Nutrition Facts (1 brownie):
Calories: 41
Total Fat: 2g
Monounsaturated Fat: 1g
Cholesterol: 15mg
Sodium: 55mg
Potassium: 15mg
Total Carbohydrates: 5.5g
Fiber: 1g
Sugars: 3g
Protein: 1g

No comments:

Post a Comment